More and more business owners are using digital or computerized Books of Accounts, and if you want to be one of them, you’re going to need a permit. 

You’ll only need a Books of Accounts Permit to Use or PTU if you’re using computerized or loose-leaf Books of Accounts (which means you don’t need this permit if you’re using manual, bound books). Be sure to get this permit before you even begin to use your digital or loose-leaf books.

If you need to refresh your memory, you’ll find everything you need to know about bookkeeping, here.

What do I need to apply for this permit?

Make sure you have the following documents before you go to your RDO:

  1. BIR Form 1900 – Application for Authority to Adopt Computerized Accounting System and/or Loose-leaf Books of Accounts 
  2. Sample format and printout to be used
  3. A sworn statement (which you can get from a notary public) that includes:
  •  The books to be used, invoices/receipts and other accounting records together with the serial numbers of principal and supplementary invoices/receipts to be printed
  •  A commitment to permanently bind the loose-leaf forms within 15 days after the end of each taxable year or upon the termination of its use

Will I have to update my permit?

If you’re using loose-leaf books and your business has branches, you’ll have to update your PTU if you have new or additional branches that weren’t registered when you first got your permit. Each branch of your business needs to have a certified true copy of the PTU before they can use the approved loose-leaf books.

Do you need help with getting a permit for your computerized or loose-leaf books? Ask an accountant from one of our Partner Firms, today.